Sunday 2 June 2013

Lazy Sunday afternoon...memories are made of this

I have often written of  recognising from experience how hard it is to stay in contact and have any sort of life on a much reduced income with none left over for socializing. I am going to be brutally honest...friendships can and may well be lost ...life styles become so very different and you no longer share things in common to the same extent. .Adaptions do have to be made to what is a very different life from having a job and money in your pocket to enjoy yourself at the weekend. This is why I have often published articles on the theme of  free or cheap ways to have fun.

I have often noted that if my readers are reading this and especially at the weekend, the chances are that you have a computer, and if so its a marvelous way to make that adaption and make new contacts and friends , quite a few of whom may also for various reasons be largely stuck to the house . One of the things I have mentioned as a useful resource apart of course from job boards, these are mainly UK sites, but as the blog grows and develops I will publish worldwide ones for my many readers in other parts of the world, is unemployment forums where you can find and maybe have and share the support and understanding of many people in the same position and help each other survive unemployment.

It is quite likely that there won't be money available for buying CD's etc and going to concerts but the internet is full of ways to share and enjoy music , Facebook groups, Spotify and of course Youtube..and many others and from my experience you also make friends ...they may well be friends you won't ever meet, but it gives the wonderful gift of contact and communication and breaking the sense of isolation, that is such a part of the psychological effects of unemployment.. many become good friends indeed , the modern equivalent of pen pals !!  all of which will help you see that it isn't the end of the world  and you can still be into something good

It was from the lovely Facebook music group Music blasts from the past that I had a lovely reminder of ...Herman's Hermits..... live version I think



In tribute to the great series of Tudor programmes the BBC is showing just now, which even makes the licence fee seem actually worth it , and for my online friends who share with me a love of Tudor History...we have a take on King Henry



As many enjoy a Sunday afternoon snooze....






No comments:

Post a Comment