Monday 3 June 2013

Going to Market

This Little Piggy poem
 
This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy stayed at home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none.
And this little piggy went...
"Wee wee wee" all the way home...

                                                 photo credit: bnorwood via photopin cc

Thousands remember the rhyme  This Little Piggy, one little piggy went to market, it appears he went to buy some dinner but there is a principle also here for writers, blogger's, marketers etc. 
They also have to go to market with their goods..or risk having no dinner. It is no use at all being even the best writer  in the world with a good blog that lots of readers enjoy and is packed with every earning avenue you can find if not enough people are reading it for it to translate into sales..You need to show off your goods...go to market !!!

Now no way will you ..yet... find on here  expert articles about such terms as SEO . For one thing I am a natural writer , who writes as she thinks and speaks, and not many of us are born to think and speak in marketing language. Secondly but more significant, I do not have the time financially to learn marketing skills. True in the long run I would earn more by not taking short cuts as I would have a better quality blog...but I as many of my readers are aware need money...like yesterday, so the priority has to be to write, write, write and monetise it fast. However , it is still true and cannot be avoided that nobody makes money unless potential customers see the goods..or articles.

 I am I notice just beginning to spot which terms  draw attention in the site listings on Google. SEO, short for search engine optimisation: self explanatory really once you know it and not rocket science,  as it trawls articles, this is what affects your position in the search engine rankings, well that's a very simplified explanation and very, very basic and I am becoming more confident about feeling I know them and slipping them in.  It isn't a scary as it sounds to  get the hang of and  possibly  my readers have noticed that I am writing so much more of my own material...also it is being sprinkled with links which will develop my network and get me noticed , because sites will notice I have linked to them and like housework, some marketing has to be done. A good and user friendly place to start which won't seem to much like a mystery trip where you are the only one who doesn't know the codes  is to  start off with  going to Google and entering Post your blog and articles here:  Do the same for Facebook and especially pay a visit to Post Your Blog and Articles here for SEO . Then pay a visit to Pinterest where by entering SEO in the search box you will get lots of help and ideas in what is for many an easier to follow visual format. The idea is to get your writing out there to be seen ....this is only a very small and very basic ffirst step on my journey into teaching myself SEO and blog marketing but....hey...you have to start somewhere.

 http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/originals/b3/bf/37/b3bf372c87d9722a167d195f11f9076b.jpg

But remember....keep a balance

No comments:

Post a Comment