Sunday 19 May 2013

Some good may....can come...my first charity appeal

Just before I set to work on producing another edition of Lazy Sunday Afternoon  this time with a Eurovision song contest theme and which last week was devoted to The Seekers and Judith Durham, now all approaching seventy and celebrating fifty years in show business, who were on tour in their homeland Australia, and planning to come to the UK in the autumn, many of my blog and Facebook readers will know of the sad news that Judith suffered a brain hemorrhage after a concert in Melbourne this week and remains in hospital recovering under the care of her doctors and having tests. The group hope to resume the tour and planned visit to the UK when Judith is recovered. She is reported as being amazed by the  good wishes, prayers and love being sent to  her by her fans.Remembering as I do and have often commented on , her kind message when I set up the blog and featured her as an older person still working and keeping her career in touch with the current generation and updating her skills, although her talent is indeed timeless...see Judith singing her famous hit Georgy Girl, but this time with INXS. I am not the least bit surprised. She also it seems has a sharp wit ,...certainly she is a very modest lady....in fact its both....she thanked me for the attention I had drawn to her career !!!



Judith actually does a great deal of charity work, actively supporting many charities and I suspect is a great believer in trying to bring about any good that can come from a situation. The thousands of messages and the warmth  in them on both her personal and The Seekers Facebook pages show how much her fans  love and are praying for her and to inspire that much love in the world we live in today is a wonderful thing in itself....

I know that I have readers who enjoy my fledgeling blog and are aware that in very difficult circumstances against the odds, I set aside the money to buy a ticket for the concert in Brighton, this and the whole UK tour now of course will have to be reassessed according to Judith's health....I now have my first favour to ask my readers..Judith was reported as having said that she felt she had let her fans down as the tour is postponed and of course the truth is that none of her fans feel that at all. She clearly as  I discovered has a huge depth of kindness and I wondered if my readers who are able to do so and feel moved to do it, might make a donation, no matter how small to suitable charities in their localities which help and support people who have suffered from brain hemorrhage ?. For example in the UK there is  Headway and here is a link to their donations page.

It looks like it is very easy to donate, we can even do it by text. ...I do wish to emphasize that this is a personal appeal and not in any way  at all formally linked to Judith's office, its just my idea. I 'm sure that her staff have quite enough to do at the moment, but I just thought it might be nice for Judith as she works her way through her messages to eventually know that my blog she so kindly encouraged did this for her, and I will let her admin know.  If anyone does donate, maybe they can let me know and I can be sure Judith gets to hear of it eventually.

Thank you so much..and as it is Sunday....here is a little late Sunday afternoon inspiration from Judith...

No comments:

Post a Comment