Friday 1 March 2013

Newsletter

NEWSLETTER :

                    Copyright (c) <a href='http://www.123rf.com'>123RF Stock Photos</a>

Held
to ransom

Well, it looks as if for a while yet every 0ther Wednesday will be a time of dread in case of waking up to
snow and ice preventing me from getting to the job centre to sign on.Today we have sun but Spring is slow to come this year and the cold continues....so does the search for a job, or ways to make an income.

As my readers are aware, the issue has  been my need to get not necessarily the best, and not necessarily what I would have as a first choice of occupation, but the quickest way to get an income and be able to pay my bills...it needs to be a means to an income that I can physically  manage with health conditions including a heart condition and mobility issues that leave me housebound in icy winter weather, but I have to apply for jobs since the only benefit I can get is Job seekers allowance, and I have to legally meet the requirements for Job seekers allowance ie..look for a job and apply for jobs.

I have also frequently detailed how the Jobcentre will not recognise and support my attempts to find work  I can do from home and to become self employed and have ignored and dismissed it as if they see it as nothing but an excuse to avoid meeting the requirement  to look for work....

 





 And so I have with fear and trepidation applied for any jobs that physically I might be able to manage , while wondering how I tell an employer that in icy weather I cannot come to work , taking a deep breath and thinking I would have to deal with that issue as and when it happened. It turned out that looking for work from home, was not after all so different from applying for any other job ....I registered on freelance sites and taught myself how to bid for jobs I knew I could do. Writing a bid is a very similar principle to writing a cover letter  when applying for a job. The purpose of the bid is to put across as you do in a CV and cover letter when applying for a job, that you can do the job and convince the employer that you can.Once you understand that, it is really no different to applying for jobs..you submit your bid and more bids..and more bids, and learn that just as when applying for jobs in the traditional way, many, many other people with just as much and more experience are submitting their bids too !!!

Copyright (c) <a href='http://www.123rf.com'>123RF Stock Photos</a>
Meanwhile, this week the blog has been quiet ...My mortgage company amazingly gave me a mortgage holiday, largely out of desperation, since they told me that in fact, they didn't think I could afford the mortgage at all on the income I had, and that after basic living costs, there wasn't enough to pay the mortgage and still eat and keep warm (ish)....I don't think they saw the chance of any improvement in my circumstances...the mortgage respite  ended in January.Mortgage payments were to commence again...today.

Having had one freelance job, as I now realize by just being lucky to be award it,   it came  as a bit of a shock, when I heard nothing, not a word in response to my next six bids..having assured the mortgage company that from February i would be able to pay the mortgage.This was when I suspected and was indeed right in thinking that I needed to learn how to write a winning bid...so it was back to Google for free online lessons, while seeing that I was back to my only reliable source of income being JSA ( Job seekers allowance ) I had to...apply for jobs, which meant less time to write bids !!!...a vicious circle.

                      <a href='http://www.123Copyright (c) rf.com'>123RF Stock Photos</a>


Sailing close to the wind

I am only too aware that it does my blood pressure no good at all but I'm sure that most people who have followed my story know that I sail close to the wind..things tend to work out, resolve themselves in the end but not without a last minute deadline and a few frights on the way !!!...and although I 'm now getting loads of responses to my bids....the mortgage due day has come and gone....so I have to try to negotiate on the basis of the work I have lined up.but haven't been paid for, and then to line up enough work to prove that I can pay the mortgage in future...


                                   Copyright (c) <a href='http://www.123rf.com'>123RF Stock Photos</a>

Next newsletter post ??....next Thursday and every Thursday to follow.......watch the newsletter spot as I try to learn how to use an HTML template or a desktop publishing programme to create visually effective newsletters 

Suggested : Google

Free newsletter templates
Free desktop publishing software !! ( I'll have a go at most things )

Images from :

 Stock Photos from 123RF



And...thanks to......


No comments:

Post a Comment