Friday 20 December 2013

Make money with Amazon...selling books




photo credit: pedrosimoes7 via photopin cc
                          


Recently, I saw as I quite often do a list of top selling books and this reminded me of articles I have written where I have mentioned making money on Amazon. Regardless of the arrival of the kindle and other E readers, Books are still much loved and very popular. I would love a Kindle if I was able to afford one, but even so there are stories associated with books that are never going to be quite the same if a text is just downloaded to an electronic screen.Books are still selling very well on Amazon and you can sell your books that you have on the shelf and already read, just collecting dust, or in boxes in the attic.

Upstairs on my bookshelf is a copy of the book Talking About Jane  Austen in Baghdad....The story of the Iraqi academic May Witwit, and how a British BBC journalist saved her life and got her out of Iraq , after a friendship began with a series of emails when the journalist wanted to contact an Iraqi living in Iraq after the invasion. The difference between my copy and many, is that mine is autographed by May, with whom I went to school in London , when she lived here for a time as a child and spoke very little English....The autograph is dedicated to the person who understood her when she didn't speak English. Now living in the UK, she was awarded a PhD last year....Its not a book I will ever sell...but you can make some money doing so.

Some people even check the book titles that are selling well and then buy them if they happen to see them in the charity shop, or at markets and sell them on . If you can still make a profit after postage and sellers fees have been taken into account, and do it often enough to be making a profit, then why not ?




No comments:

Post a Comment