Friday 4 July 2014

Happy 71st Birthday Judith Durham

Happy 71st birthday Judith Durham



The year was 1967, and I was at home in bed with measles, having already lost sight in one eye, I had to spend most of the time in semi darkness , and unable to read ..and so my father bought me a radio ..no televisions in children’s bedrooms then . One of the first songs I remember coming out of the radio was ‘Georgy Girl ‘ and so began my lifelong love of Judith Durham and the Seekers group …



Dear Judith! I wish you a very happy birthday! I wish you very good health, much joy, happiness and long life!!... From Hungary

In America the 4th July fireworks are moved ….Well, it's finally happened! The Boston MA USA Fireworks Spectacular has been moved to July 3. They say it is because of an approaching hurricane, but we know the REAL reason. Happy birthday Judith Durham!




We won’t ever find another Judith Durham …who as lead singer with The Seekers recently completed a tour of the UK to mark the groups 50th anniversary. The tour was postponed from last year, when Judith spent her 7oth birthday in hospital recovering from a brain haemorrhage, which led to her having to relearn how to read and write …Last month I was blessed to see The Seekers on stage in Brighton, England ..






http://www.magic1278.com.au/blogs/magic1278-blog/happy-birthday/20140624-3apoa.html



She even gets presents from her fans …Happy birthday Judith I trust that you all got the wee parcel I passed up through your tour manager and card

She was born at Llandyssil Private Hospital in Essendon, at two minutes past midnight on 3 July 1943, the second daughter of Bill and Hazel Cock.






Judith’s Biography is named after this song ..Colours of my life ….




Happy Birthday Judith Durham !!! ..There will never be another you ..





No comments:

Post a Comment