Tuesday 26 November 2013

Press Release

 



 

PRESS RELEASE
by CreateYourOwnPressRelease.com



Contact Info: Valerie Hedges Mitcham, Surrey UK 07565876184
valerie.hedges@btopenworld.com

Release Date: For immediate release

A Blog to help older and or disabled people who may have lost their job or disability benefits, to find jobs or ways to work from home. http://valeriehedges.blogspot.co.uk/


Mitcham, Surrey - I'm Valerie and like so many today, I found myself looking for a job while over 50 and with health issues. While looking for work and trying to make myself employable I come across lots of useful information and resources, so thought I would share them....

I am fifty four, I have a heart condition, high blood pressure, arthritis, partial sight, having lost an eye when I was three years old with cancer, and in winter icy weather am housebound as I have had a broken ankle repaired with pins and a metal plate. However, I cannot get sickness or disability benefits as it is considered that 'I cope' with my disabilities and health and that I am capable of doing some sort of work.

One of the biggest issues for those in this situation, is finding work that they can sustain in places they can get to and buildings they can access, while being constantly threatened with rules and regulations from the DWP, and loss of benefits if they are not considered to be doing enough to find a job.

I know that I am only one of thousands in the same position, and so as I came across resources and ideas that I found useful and might help people to find work that they can manage, or ways to earn an income from home., I decided to share them
 There are also along with the job links, articles about money management, debt and legal links, real stories, support for the emotional aspects of being unemployed and lots of cheap or even free ways to stay in circulation and have a life.

The eventual goal is for the blog to become an employment agency for older and or disabled people.


The blog is written by someone far better than a Job Centre or Work Programme adviser..it is written by

someone who speaks from experience....

I also have a Facebook page....https://www.facebook.com/LookingForAJobWhenYouAreOver50?

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment