Sunday 4 November 2012

Dreams, wishes and some good ideas of things that need doing...My Bucket List






My Bucket list
Well, it had been my plan to base my bucket list around the theme of my blog, 'Looking for a job when you are over 50', and the blog was to be a list of the things I should have done and probably missed out on , besides having a job...like learning to ride a bike !!!

I assumed that a Google search would produce loads of lists of suggestions of things to achieve before I was fifty and in my case to catch up on , and in relation to the blog, would provide some cheap or even free entertainment and things to do. However, it seems that there is not much suggested after and between the age of 11 3/4 and when you die....Make a bucket list of your own, staying organised, active, interested and involved goes a long way to helping get a job !!!!

Here's the full list:
  • Climb a tree
I was never allowed to climb trees or anything else for that matter...
  • Roll down a really big hill
Done this .
  • Camp out in the wild
No, Girl Guide campsites don't count !!!
  • Build a den
  • Skim a stone
  • Run around in the rain
  • Fly a kite
  • Catch a fish with a net
Done this..on Wandsworth Common with my dad
  • Eat an apple straight from a tree
  • Play conkers
  • Throw some snow
  • Hunt for treasure on the beach
  • Make a mud pie
  • Dam a stream
  • Go sledging
  • Bury someone in the sand
  • Set up a snail race
  • Balance on a fallen tree
  • Swing on a rope swing
  • Make a mud slide
  • Eat blackberries growing in the wild
  • Take a look inside a tree
  • Visit an island – I'm not sure the Isle of Wight counts !!!
  • Feel like you're flying in the wind
  • Make a grass trumpet
  • Hunt for fossils and bones ..On the Isle of Wight on School Journey
  • Watch the sun wake up
  • Climb a huge hill ...Glastonbuty Tor but I was well over 11 !!!
  • Get behind a waterfall
  • Feed a bird from your hand
  • Hunt for bugs
  • Find some frogspawn
  • Catch a butterfly in a net
  • Track wild animals
  • Discover what's in a pond
  • Call an owl
  • Check out the crazy creatures in a rock pool ..At Hastings at low tide
  • Bring up a butterfly
  • Catch a crab
  • Go on a nature walk at night
  • Plant it, grow it, eat it
  • Go wild swimming
  • Go rafting
  • Light a fire without matches
  • Find your way with a map and compass Thanks to the Girl Guides I can do this !!!
  • Try bouldering
  • Cook on a campfire
  • Try abseiling
  • Find a geocache
  • Canoe down a river

...Lots more to come ....

No comments:

Post a Comment