Sunday 14 July 2013

The Work Programme experiences

photo credit: Ed Yourdon via photopin cc

                                                 



The Work programme isn't working..unless you make them ..and they risk losing you on their books, in which case, should you get a job, they won't get paid b y the government for getting you into work

Fw: Appointment - CDG..and the Workchoice programme


FROM valerie hedges TO 1 recipient

From
  • valerie hedges
To
  • Advisers name removed

Dear Sir,

This is to advise you that according to the law  and that I am forced to attend or face sanctions on my benefits,  I will force myself, in spite of my health , including a heart condition which makes this hot weather very difficult for me, attend the   appointment with you at 2pm on Monday 15th July. However, I wish to state how very angry I am that having never heard from you and certainly not received any reply from my recent email to 'Roopa' whom I understood to be my adviser, you suddenly write to me, claiming to be my adviser, of which you had never had the courtesy to inform me up until now, and insist that I come to meet you, at peril of loss of my benefit if I do not attend.
Valerie Hedges


----- Forwarded Message ----- From: valerie hedges <valerie.hedges@btopenworld.com>
To:Work programme
Sent: Tuesday, 25 June 2013, 10:25
Subject: Re: Appointment - CDG..and the Workchoice programme

Dear Adviser (name removed )

You may recall that I was allocated to your caseload on the work programme and explained to you that it is going to be difficult for me to access and sustain work due to my medical conditions, including a heart condition, high blood pressure, sight and arthritis and mobility problems, in the winter icy weather I cannot go out at all which would make going to work difficult, but  I am being told I must and the job centre consider that a claim for ESA would not be successful. You suggested to me that another programme Workchoice may be more suited to me.

For a long time I was not able to discuss this as you asked with the job centre because as I was on the work programme I never saw a job centre adviser, however recently things changed and I now have to sign on normally even though I am on the work programme.

The DLA at Mitcham Jobcentre has asked me to ask you to arrange for me to be signed off the work programme as she cannot work with me on Workchoice unless you do so.I feel that this programme may well be more suited to my having to look for work with such problems with my health as I have because I have researched the local providers of the programme on the Internet. However, as i say I have discussed it with the DLA but she needs me signed off the Work programme to be able to work with me.

I would very much appreciate your assistance with this matter.

Sincerely

Valerie Hedges



From:Adviser
To: "'valerie.hedges@btopenworld.com'" <valerie.hedges@btopenworld.com>
Sent: Thursday, 10 January 2013, 13:12
Subject: Appointment - CDG

Dear Valerie,
 
Thank you for your voice mail and for updating me on the actions we previously discussed.
 
I have asked my CDG contact to ask for EPP to call you again about the sessions.
 
I know that you said that you forgot about the Work Choice programme, but would you be able to discuss with your Job Centre Advisor whether it can be an option for you, for our next phone appointment please? I am not sure if this would also require involvement from your GP, but your Advisor should be able to inform you if you are eligible.
 
I will be calling you for a 10 minute appointment on Wednesday, 6th February 2013 at about 10.20am, to catch up on any updates with the Work Choice Programme, the EPP Programme and your website.
 
Please let me know if this appointment is not suitable.
 
  Warm Regards,
| Employment Advisor

No comments:

Post a Comment