Thursday 28 June 2012

Staying positive

Optimism ? Well, its a state of mind that lots of people talk about but not quite so easy to stick to !!Some people even think it helps people to recover from illness, salespeople are encouraged to practice it in their manner when trying to close a deal , lots of people read things just like I am putting on my blog..daily inspirations..somehow or other, at some, time we have all experienced the benefits of being positive...

Looking on the bright side can help to at least make things a bit better...if you are out of work, think of the opportunities it can give to use your time to do things and learn new skills while making yourself employable....just a few years ago I was the most reluctant Facebook user, and only joined because my friends said I must, and now here I am learning how to blog and hopefully to turn it into a business..all because I have discovered a talent for writing and marketing.

I have had a life that would hardly encourage optimism, and yet I think it is a personal choice, to be optimistic or not. How we think about the world and the people we meet in it, and how we relate  can often influence what we get back...

How can we become optimistic ?...I'm certainly not saying it is easy, and many people have lives which would defy the most cheerful thinker, but the thing abut being optimistic is that we can almost learn it while we are doing our daily things and not have to make special time for it..so the next time we fill in a job application, or send off that CV....

...I have learned this  at least by my experiment that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavours to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours....

Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment